Department of cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiology
Head of Department
doc. RNDr. Monika Barteková, PhD.
- Myocardial ischemia and reperfusion injury, arrhythmias and sudden death: prevention and protection
- Ischemic tolerance in normal and diabetic myocardium
- Cardiac adaptation, molecular mechanisms of endogenous cardioprotection
- Risk factors of cardiovascular diseases related to lifestyle; molecular mechanisms of pleiotropic effects of various drugs
- Gender-related differences and response to myocardial ischemia
- Models of hypoxia, global and regional ischemia and reperfusion, models of acute and chronic hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, diabetes mellitus I. type. Ischemic and pharmacological preconditioning and their modifications.
- Perfusion of the isolated heart (rat, guinea pig, mice) – Langendorff technique (paced and non-paced heart).
- Computer-assisted monitoring of contractile function.
- Measurement of parameters of arrhythmogenesis; changes of action potential by means of endo- and epicardial electrodes.
- Determination of the size of infarction by computerized planimetry.
- Monitoring of blood pressure by means of “tail-cuff plethysmograpy”.